Re: Guidelines Implementation

There are up to four kinds of things we are tracking relationships among:

a: computable test conditions

b: manually evaluated conditions

c: conclusions inferred from the evidence.  some of these are satisfaction
relationships to [guidlines and checkpoints] defined elsewhere [primarily
WCAG].
Some of these are belief-state grayscale values regarding those
satisfaction propositions, such as "the satisfaction of checkpoint 1.3 is
cast in doubt."

d: corrective actions to take [edit document, query user, ...]

The logic flow is a [ * b ] =logic=> c [ =heuristic=> d ]

Notation:

[ foo ] denotes that the clause "foo" is optional and may or may not be
present
* denotes logic 'and'
=logic=> denotes "implies by logical decuction or tautology"
=heuristic=> denotes "selects by preponderance of expert and statistical
evidence"

At this point, if I were designing a table of these relationships, I would
start with a: at the left column and enumerate them that way unless it came
time to split rows for different combinations of a: and b: where some
values of b: led to a unique c: or d:

It is possible to start with checkpoints and subdivide, listing a+b
combinations, but somehow that is now how I would list them.

Al