Re: Please Vote: Process for new guidelines and rules

At 02:12 PM 5/21/99 -0400, Bruce Bailey wrote:
>I vote "Aye" -- but see my in-line comments!
>
>Al, should we be voting on each of Len's four points -- or do you vote
>"Nay" to the whole thing.

Len should explain what he intended in terms of voting structure.  I
responded "Nay" to the four things as a bundled proposition.

The other way to interpret my "nay" is that Len said "If there are any
nay's, we will discuss."  And I wanted to discuss.

Other than that, I really agree with what you have said in your "aye" vote.

We do need to institutionalize the defense of the WCAG somehow, but there
is also the situation that some techniques appropriate to consider here and
in AU have to do with editing dynamics, are out of scope for the content
guidelines, and so should not require prior endorsement in that context.

Al