RE: How can we better accommodate learning disabilities?

From: Tony Plant <tap@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:19:51 -0000
To: "'Leonard R. Kasday'" <kasday@acm.org>, jonathan chetwynd <jay@peepo.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Hi All,

>	Good point!  It makes  me wonder what else we can do to accommodate
people
> with learning disabilities or other disabilities that impair reading.

	A lot, simply by putting in a little semantic structure into the web
material we author(rather than just typographic or graphic structure) . In
doing so, we not only help people with learning disabilities but also
everyone who can't read our minds first to work out what categories and
keywords and implicit organisational methods we've decided on! <smile>.

	I know one WAI member who has a lot of expertise in this area,
Stella O'Brien (smo-brien@lioness.demon.co.uk). Talk with her.

Bye
Tony