StarSweeper Tool

FYI

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Robert Neff" <robneff@home.com>
Subject: Quality Assurance
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:21:53 -0700

Trying to establish Quality Assurance Guidelines for Internet (HTML) and
Intranet (CSS). QA procedures are
1.  HTML or CSS validator
2.  Bobby 3.1.1
3.  WCAG "AA"
4.  StarSweeper from StarTeam
5.  AstraManager from Mercury -  a  free site analysis tool (pretty good
too)

I have been really impressed with StarSweeper.  Please unzip the file and
select "StarSweeperResults.htm". If you look at the first page (the others
are good too - especially the image catalog) you will see the Image Height
and Width tag and more information on the title and ALT tags.  This is a
solid tool!

StarTeam's integrator, Kaiasoft is interested in adding the technology to
enable developers to evaluate and repair tags, titles etc...  An
encompassing tool that can do this is lacking.  Could the A-prompt be
incoporated here?

I will not address the licensing issue or possibilites for a freeware tool
with possible promotional possibilties, etc... - that is beyond my scope.
My purpose is to try to get the people talking so the WAI community can be
helped.  Is this worth pursuing...I think so!

Pls fw to anyone else that may be interested

Comments?

Many Thanks, rob

Here seems to be an opportunity

rob

---

See http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/StarSweeper/StarSweeperResults.htm for
a set of pages showing the result of the evaluation of the US Mint
site by this tool.