Re: Guideline 1 in The evaluation techniques document

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:56:30 +0300 (Israel Daylight Time)
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
I realy do not understand the idea behind:

Not allowed - NULL ALT value (ALT="")
Allowed - ALT value of 1 or more spaces (ALT=" ")

Both from a semantic/logical point of view and HTML specification
these are quite the same thing.

My major reservation with this guideline is that there may be out there
many people who took the effort to write accessible pages with alt=""
where appropriate, and now we tell them to revise their pages, without
any reason whatsoever.

Regards,
Nir Dagan

http://www.nirdagan.com
mailto:nir@nirdagan.com
tel:+972-2-588-3143

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein