extensible personalized proxy [was Re: Handling Javascript

I like that proposal about an open source, extensible "personalized proxy".
 Do folks have some thoughts about the architecture?

Also, Raman, please tell more about your personal perl proxy.

By the way, I'll be away from my email for a couple of days.  Happy
discussions all.

Len

At 01:36 PM 6/2/99 -0700, T. V. Raman wrote:
>Leonard--
>point taken-- the minimal hack would open up things that are
>currently closed to the lynx user.
>The reason I wausi-dismissed it is that in my Emacs-centric
>world I simply "show source" in the W3 browser, look for the
>URL inside the javascript tag, and hit enter over it to
>follow the link.
>
>The validating form example is a little harder-- but not too
>much-- I've got a personal perl proxy that cleans such junk
>out for me.
>
>There is room for a good open source project that
>incorporates betsy and friends into an open and extensible
>"personalized proxy" framework-- might be a good  project
>for the WAI to take on-- (though I wont hold my breath
>--given the track record so far)
>
>--
>Best Regards,
>--raman
>
>      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 408 536 3945   (W14-128)
>      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 408 537 4042
>      W14-128 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@adobe.com
>      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@cs.cornell.edu
>      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
>      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/    (Cornell)
>    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be
taken
>as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)