RE: colored tables

Good example Len.

This is probably something subtle enough that the WCAG should take note of
it.

Would another acceptable work around be to use an "X" in each marked cell?
 The author could also use black-text-on-black-background to hide the
character on compliant GUI browsers.

On Thursday, July 22, 1999 9:12 AM, Leonard R. Kasday [SMTP:kasday@acm.org]
wrote:
> Hi wcag editor,
>
> Here's something that came up in an er-ig discussion.
>
> I've seen a couple of cases where people color table cells to show
> information. See for example discussion at
>
> http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday/talks/pa-web/parktable.html
>
> Note this is a real data table, not merely use of table for layout.
>
> I didn't see a checkpoint that explicitly warned against this.  For
> example, "don't use color alone" doesn't really apply if the fill color
is
> black... people don't think of that as using color.
>
> The workaround for this is to put an image in the cell with alt text.
 The