Re: FW: making applets accessible

From: Silas S. Brown <ssb22@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 06:38:00 +0000
To: "Michael Vorburger" <mike@vorburger.ch>
CC: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
> For example, scrolling tickers on the web, where text goes scrolling by.

snip

The things you mention shouldn't be too difficult to implement in the
access gateway but I have rather a lot of work on my hands at the
moment.  I'm not sure if your experience of applet parameters is as
broad as there is (the general case scenario would be to analyse the
Java itself and thus solve the halting problem) and I'm not sure if the
benefit gained by making these parameters accessible would justify the
effort put in.  Every applet I've ever met is not worth the bandwidth it
takes up and I just zap 'em.  And I tend to give a low priority to this
kind of thing because it seems so relatively unimportant.

Regards

-- Silas S Brown, St John's College Cambridge UK http://epona.ucam.org/~ssb22/

"Never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own
 anxieties" - Matthew 6:34
"I try to take one day at a time, but lately several days have attacked me at
 once" - Paul Denegri