report tool

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:10:26 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Looks great!

Here are couple of comments:

- Entering name etc. seems to be optional. The tool should also state that
they are not demanded.

- Would be nice to know how many steps there are.

- Could we have an option Reset also next to send info?

- The text is long. I would simplify the message text a little bit e.g.:

Hello,

This message comes to you from the World Wide Web Consortium's Web
Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI) report tool at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/report resulting from a review carried out by a user
(cc: field) of your Web page or site.

This user experienced difficulty accessing your page either due to a
disability (visual, auditory, physical, or cognitive) or due to device
limitations (poor connection bandwidth, no support for graphics or support
turned off, a voice interface such as a webphone, etc.). Please consider
the user's comments below.

The reviewer found accessibility problems with your Web page or site.

  Date: Thu Aug 26 15:37:05 1999

Each problem is followed by a link to relevant information in the Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.

Other: testing the tool

Your name, the URL of your page, and the URLs of other pages reviewed using
this tool have been entered in a W3C WAI database that we maintain
(currently implemented as an archived mailing list visible at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-report-db).

- could the webmaster have an easier ui to these reviews if there are more
of them? A Web page?

Marja