killing indents

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 10:36:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-wai-pf-braille@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org, ricklew@primenet.com
Copied below is a comment from lynx-dev reminding me what a waste
indents are for people with common Braille devices.

The W3C has a private estimate of what styling properties are
already consistently implemented across major browsers.  Does
this include enough so that we could do a "repair" demonstration
that would pass pages through the "stylizer" program to remove
in-HTML formatting and then attach the user's choice of stylesheet
which could include an example Braille-friendly stylesheet?

I guess the question of "could we do the page transform?" is a
question for WAI-ER-WG.  The question of "what would the
stylesheet say?" is a topic for WAI-PF-Braille (with help from
the core styles team of W3C).

The question for WAI-ER-IG is "if we did this would it be
enough better so that we would get word-of-mouth advertising
among the braille-browsing public?"  Of course WAI-ER-IG is
there in part to try it and see.

Al