The E part of ER

From: David Clark <dmclark@cast.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:42:48 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Now that GL has released another working draft of the guidelines (that look
great by the way), I it is our job (I think) to set the definition of
accessibility. I see multiple issues coming up:

1. Is it appropriate to have a yes/no accessibility rating? (IMHO that is
what mainstream webmasters are looking for)
2. If so, what constitutes a "pass"?
a. simply no priority 1 errors
b. No priority 1 errors and fewer than xx priority 2 errors
c. Fewer than xx priority errors
d. etc.
3. Do we rate accessibility per page or per site? What is site? Are
alternative pages ok?
4. When pages are served differently depending on  browser, to all browser
possibilities have to be accessible.

Just to get the juices flowing... :)

David Clark
CAST, Inc.