Re: Study project: ALTifier or text-equiv -- Please choose!

Al Gilman wrote:

>So I see application for the text-equiv techniques on both the
>author and user side, and I see the author scenario encompassing
>both automatic suggestions and manual judgement and rewording.

LRK::

Well, logically I have to agree with that, but, to reveal a personal bias
here, are there any cases where the automatic text would be as good as text
the author wrote him or herself, aside from

- copying text link to a ALT text for image or image map area with same URL
- and visa versa of the above
- all-text image read by OCR (tho even there an error
  could produce a real knee slapper)

I'm worried that authors would get into habit of using the automatically
generated text in cases where it's inferior to what they could easily do
themselves.

Len
-------
Leonard R. Kasday
Institute on Disabilities/UAP at Temple University, Philadelphia PA
email:     kasday@acm.org
telephone: (215} 204 2247