Re: webwatch-l how to break the news

Hi Peter,

The report form that Al was referring to is at

http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/rep1

We'd very much like to hear what you think of it.

It's part of an effort within WAI, "Evaluation and Repair" (ER) to create
tools to help evaluate web pages,
tools to help webmasters make their pages more accessible,
and tools, such as proxy tools, to transform existing web pages into forms
more friendly to screen readers, by techniques such as adding ALT text,
linearizing tables, etc.

This effort has in turn two groups, a working group (Chair, Daniel
Dardailler) which will create the tools, and an interest group (Chair, Len
Kasday) that will help the working group decide what to implement.  By the
way, this interest group is called wai-er-ig and is different from the
general wai interest group, wai-er that most people are on.

For more information, see

The call for participation at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/1998AprJun/0393.html

The mailing lists are archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-wg/
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/

The home pages are at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/WG/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

Len Kasday

At 09:03 AM 10/8/98 +0200, Peter Verhoeven wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I only read the WAI document about how to make websites accessible.
>I have given some webmasters the URL to that document, but a lot of them
>feel it is to much information. So I'm very interested in this group.
>It is no problem for me to translate english documents in to Dutch, but if
>they are very large it cost me too much time.
>
>Thank you.
>Regards Peter Verhoeven
>Internet : http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe (The Screen Magnifiers Homepage)

-------
Leonard R. Kasday
Institute on Disabilities/UAP at Temple University, Philadelphia PA
email:     kasday@acm.org
telephone: (215} 204 2247