RE: Validators that don't validate (...)

Should this be retained in our knowledge base somehow?

----- Forwarded message from David Norris -----

From w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org  Wed Nov 11 00:03:15 1998
From: "David Norris" <kg9ae@geocities.com>
To: "Liam Quinn" <liam@htmlhelp.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:56:14 -0500
Subject: RE: Validators that don't validate (was RE: Cold Fusion)
Sender: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org

> The problem is that the built-in validator isn't a real validator.  In the

Yes, you are correct.  It is relatively accurate.  It is far more accurate
than not having any form of validator.  My standard practice is to markup a
document completely using CSE 3310 in HomeSite.  When finished, I will run
it through the W3C validator to catch any stray errors like missing or
incorrect attributes, invalid entities, etc.  I fix the errors then
revalidate just to be sure.  Not as pretty as having a built-in sgmls.
However, usable.  When in doubt, I refer to the W3C for the correct answer.
It is a matter of knowing where to look when an error occurs.  In my mind,
W3C is always the definitive source.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com

----- End of forwarded message from David Norris -----