Re: Web report form (2)

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 08:23:05 +0100
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@ACM.org>
cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

> You assume that each report email message is automatically copied
> to the offender as it is received. The time of receipt isn't an adequate
> identification of the offender's version, that may have been updated
> during the review time of the reporter.

OK I got your point.

I could capture the date the report is made in step one (as early as
possible) and add it in the final message sent.

  Your web site
      http://www.offender.com/page
      Version Date: Sat Nov  7 04:08:51 1998
  has been found to have to one or more accessibily problems.

> >  From: webmaster@offender.com
> >  To: w3c-wai-report@w3.org
> >  cc: reporter@foo.com
> >  Subject: Re: WAI Report - www.offender.com/page
> >  -------
> >
> >which goes to the list archive/forum of discussion.
> But unless some part of the subject changes, the forum will have
> no obvious distinction about the offender's version being reported.
> True the timestamp is OK for rare updates. It doesn't work for fast-
> changing URLs.

Ideally, a copy of the dated version should be kept and linked from the
report as well, to serve as justification.