RE: Spec of the ALTifier project

Maybe we are having two slightly different "spacers" in mind: You seem to be
thinking of "in-line" spacers to get a certain space between two words,
correct? I am thinking of spacers that are used to force a certain table
cell width or similar, as used 'en masse' on cnet.com sites and similar. (I
also used them on I site I did, http://www.ipb.org, because I could not find
another means of forcing column size.)

I agree that "in-line spacers" should probably have alt=" " (how many
spaces?) but the "others" alt="" -- How can we distinguish them? Or should I
just set alt="   " for all such spacers, in a first version? Please comment.

Regards,
Michael
----
Michael Vorburger <mike@vorburger.ch> & <michael.vorburger@epfl.ch>
QUOTE: "One has to dream of the impossible to reach the possbile." (H.
Hesse)
HOMEPAGE: http://www.vorburger.ch/