Classification/Selection of Tools

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:02:47 +0200
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

Now that the ER IG has started, I'd like to get the ER WG going.

So far, the participant list is limited, that's because I haven't been
pro-active in getting existing tool authors to sign up.

I haven't been pro-active because I'm not sure I want to contact all
the people behind the tools listed in
   http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/existingtools
to get on board in the WG.

I'd like the ER IG to start reviewing the current list and give
advises on:
  - current classification in Evaluation/Repair/Transform (this fits
    the ER IG "Mission statement" as defined in
        http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/charter-er-ig.html)
  - whether or not we should carry-on more than one tool in each
    category (more than one Bobby, more than one Proxy filter service?)
  - start discussing the relationship between UA/AU guidelines and,
    respectively,  Transform/Repair tools: is our goal to deliver things
    that be re-used by UA/AU or just show that it's doable (albeit in
    client proxy/independent tools)