resume

From: Frode Volden <Frode.Volden@kjeller.fou.telenor.no>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:15:39 +0200
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org

I'm working in the Norwegian Telecom company Telenor, In our R&D dep. My
background is from Psychology, and I've been doing research on user Interface
design and general HCI, before I begun working with assistive technology 5 years
ago.

 The term "design for all" have very little tradition in our part of the world, but we
have now managed to get funding for a project that focuses on how a telecom
company like ours can incorporate such design strategies.

Designing for accessibility is of course "the right thing to do", but we need good
tools to actually have programmers apply these strategies. These tools should
also have capabilities of improving the overall qualities on the product their
making, to motivate for use of the tool itself.