New Resource: Making Audio and Video Media Accessible

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 10:05:51 -0500
To: public-wai-announce@w3.org, "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Dear WAI Interest Group,

We just published a new educational resource:
	Making Audio and Video Media Accessible
	https://www.w3.org/WAI/media/av/

It helps you understand and create:
	* captions/subtitles
	* audio description of visual information
	* descriptive transcripts
	* sign language for media

It includes guidance:
	* for creating new videos
	* on media player accessibility

The planning and project management sections address considerations for outsourcing or in-house development. The resource starts by introducing user experiences and benefits to organizations -- illustrating how digital *accessibility is essential for some and useful for all*.

We welcome comments on the resource via GitHub or e-mail. There are links near the bottom of each page under "Help improve this page".

We encourage you to tell others about this new resource. For example, here is a tweet to share the news:
	https://twitter.com/w3c_wai/status/1171427311306072064

Regards,
Brent Bakken, EOWG Co-Chair
Sharron Rush, EOWG Co-Chair