EOWG commenting, IRC tips, & more (please read:)

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 09:27:43 -0500
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Hi EOWG participants,

We are excited to have several people joining EOWG. Here are a few things to note, including **updates for those who have been in the group a while**.

*Commenting on drafts*

The editor's role is to gather consensus from EOWG to create and refine resources. It can be a challenging and time-consuming task! Please help your editors by:
* reviewing early drafts so you don't have major comments when we're nearly done with the resource
* making your comments easy for the editor to address

When we're first working on a new resource, broad, unspecific comments are usually fine to help the group and editor work through scope and ideas. As the draft becomes more complete, please make your comments easily-actionable. Also, it is helpful to the editor if you label your comments as (high), (medium), or (low). For example, see [1]

Please see more info about comment format in [2].

One other thing on comments: When you are commenting on an open GitHub issue, please *look at the draft resource and the context* around the issue, and also consider the resource purpose, audience, use cases, etc. (listed in the "Requirements Analysis").

---

*IRC*:

During the teleconference, what is typed into IRC is logged and turned into minutes. If you want to type something *not* for minutes (such as, "my phone connection is not working, I'm going to drop and redial"), start by typing
	/me
More about that is at [3].

Assume that not everyone can see IRC. Generally, you shouldn't type comments into IRC and not say them. [4] There are some exceptions, such as when we ask participants to +1 if they agree with a proposal and sometimes when we are brainstorming wording.

---

Reminder that here is where to get answers to many of your questions about how EOWG works :-)
	https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/EOWG_Participation_Info

As always, if you have suggestions or questions for that page or other, please feel free to share/ask!

Thanks much for continuing to help make EOWG even better.

Best,
~Shawn, Brent, Sharron, and EOWG editors

[1] examples low, medium, high: <https://github.com/w3c/wai-media-guide/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+author%3Anitedog>
[2] more on comments & review stages & levels
* https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/EOWG_Participation_Info#Comments
* https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/EOWG_Participation_Info#Review_Stages_and_Levels
[3] IRC: [3] https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/EOWG_Participation_Info#IRC
[4] IRC bonus tip: Maybe you have a comment and you don't want to forget it before you come up in the queue. You can include it in your q+ with "to say". For example:
	q+ to say what if we combine A, B, and C into a one section?
Then when you are "ack"ed, it will remind you want you wanted to say and put that text in the minutes!