From: Schantz, Paul A [mailto:paul.schantz@csun.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 June 2014 4:20 AM
To: EOWG (E-mail)
Cc: Schantz, Paul A
Subject: Fwd: Call for Review: WCAG Techniques for Specific Technologies wording

EOWG,

No concerns at all, this language looks good to me.

Paul Schantz
Director, Web and Technology Services
Division of Student Affairs
California State University, Northridge
phone: 818.677.3839
e-mail: pschantz@csun.edu<mailto:pschantz@csun.edu>
twitter: @paulschantz
www.linkedin.com/in/paulschantz<http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulschantz>

www.csun.edu/sait<http://www.csun.edu/sait>
System notifications:  @CSUN_SAIT

Input | Intellection | Responsibility | Connectedness | Individualization | Accessibility

Begin forwarded message:

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org<mailto:shawn@w3.org>>
Date: June 2, 2014 at 3:51:47 PM PDT
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org<mailto:w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>>

EOWG,

In last Friday's EOWG teleconference, we refined wording with folks from the WCAG WG. Here is your chance to express any concerns. If you have any comments, *please reply asap*, by Monday 9 June at the latest.

Proposed wording:
Publication of techniques for a specific technology does not imply that the technology can be used in all situations to create content that meets WCAG 2.0 success criteria and conformance requirements. Developers need to be aware of the limitations of specific technologies and provide content in a way that is accessible to people with disabilities.

(one correction from the wording agreed upon in the teleconference: "conformance criteria" corrected to "conformance requirements")

Background on the issue with new summary and links: <https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/WCAG_Techniques_for_Specific_Technologies_-_Archived>
Teleconference minutes: <http://www.w3.org/2014/05/30-eo-minutes>

We'll address the "location" of where to include this text separately.

Thanks,
~Shawn

Finance Australian Business Number (ABN):   61 970 632 495
Finance Web Site:   www.finance.gov.au

IMPORTANT:

This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on 61-2-6215-2222 and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.
If responding to this email, please send to the appropriate person using the suffix .gov.au.