EOWG - Comment effectiveness

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:17:44 -0600
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Hi EOWG folks,

As I mentioned last week, we will be reviewing a few documents from other Working Groups over the next few weeks, so I'm taking this opportunity to share some guidance on providing effective comments. :)

Basically, make it clear what you are commenting on, what you suggest, and why.

Here is a useful format for comments:
* location: (e.g.: Abstract, second paragraph, first sentence)
* current wording:
* suggested revision:
* rationale:

You might not need that much detail for all comments. Even for shorter comments, make sure they are clearly actionable. For example:
* an unclear comment: What is POV?
* a clear comment: Write out POV the first time the acronym is used.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions...

Thanks!

~Shawn