Re: Easy Check

From: Michael Lenz (mlenz) <mlenz@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 05:18:25 +0000
To: "<WayneEDick@gmail.com>" <WayneEDick@gmail.com>
CC: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>, "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Having clear and simple language that coveys the intent and purpose is important. While technically accurate to the layman that is a nuance that is lost.

It also would mean that search engines would not guide people to our resources given the lack of queries for Luminosity Contrast.

Michael Lenz
Director, Experience Design
Marketing / CMO
Phone: +1 408 853 6802

Lake Oswego, Oregon
United States

On Mar 14, 2013, at 10:02 PM, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com<mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com>>

I love the Easy Check with one exception.
Using, "Color Contrast" is just wrong. We can let it go.
We cannot title a section by continuing an incorrect misnomer.
We should just title it "Luminosity Contrast".
Out with the old, in with the new.

Color Contrast is 1.0
Luminosity Contrast is 2.0.

I really wish I could be there tomorrow.  Have fun.