Re: Easy Check - Page title tips and WAI example

From: suzette keith <suzette.skeith@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:09:17 +0000
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>, "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Dear All,
I just put this in the Easy checks wiki:
" Title tips: is the visual example and text tips inconsistent? Note that
in Tips text "About Acme Web Solutions" (subpage then company name) is said
to be better than "Acme Web Solutions, Inc. - About Us". But, in the visual
from WAI the good example is: "Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) - home
page".(company name then subpage). Personally, in my visual world I find
the WAI example order more useful when looking at tabs and in referring to
history and bookmarks. One exception to that is when we are working on the
WAI agenda, but this is the only time I have multiple pages open from the
same organisation."

Is the auditory experience different for screen reader users, or have
behaviours changed since the introduction of multiple tabbed browser
windows?
Best wishes
Suzette