Re: CTL + Count for Firefox and Safari

Thanks, Wayne for checking on this. And Denis for replying. See comments below.

On 3/8/2013 3:59 PM, Denis Boudreau wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> Shawn mentioned it might be safer to go under 200%, rather than above, in cases where we didn't exactly fall on 200% on some browsers. Therefore, I would suggest 6 times for Firefox and only 3 for Safari.

To have separate instructions for firefox on windows and firefox on mac and safari, would add a *lot* complexity. See <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/checks#zoom>

Can we just say four times and call that good enough for an easy check that "covers just a few accessibility issues and are designed to be quick and easy, rather than definitive. A web page could seem to pass these checks, yet still have accessibility barriers. More robust evaluation is needed to evaluate all issues comprehensively." ?

> It's kinda disturbing however that they don't both fall under the same number of times. It makes it looks weird. :/
>
> Do we care enough about Chrome to look for those numbers as well? After all, Chrome is used much more than Safari is...

As far as I know, zoom text only functionality is no longer available in Chrome.

~Shawn