Re: Draft diagram for Indie UI

EOWG,

Anna Belle has been working on an illustration for IndieUI Events, as suggested in a previous EOWG telecon. A draft is in <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/indieui-draft.php> Some ideas for further tweaks are below.

Ideally we would go over it in EOWG before sending it to the IndieUI Task Force; however they only meet bi-weekly and they meet this week (Wednesday) and we'd like to keep it moving -- so we're sending the draft to them today. We can still make changes.

If you can take a quick look now that would be helpful. Please put any comments in the wiki page: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/IndieUI_Overview#Illustrations>

Thanks!

~Shawn

Anna Belle wrote:
> Here's as far as I've gotten (attached).  If I have time later today I'll experiment with color.

SLH: lovely!!!

> INPUT ICONS
> *** Agree.  Done.  Is there some overall width that would be best?  For now, I've just done what works nicely for 4 use action icons.

SLH: This width is fine, o could be a little narrower if you think the input icons wouldn't be too cluttered.

SLH: I think we want them in the same order as is in the text -- which right now is: finger, scroll bar, scroll wheel, voice. (We can revisit that order if warranted.)

> WEB APPLICATION
>
> * icon -- What do you think about shaping the icon like a smartphone (taller than wide), and putting the label "Web App" inside (like you have for the filter)?
> *** Is IndieUI only for smart phones?  I had thought is was broader than that.  Have moved words "Web app" into icon.

SLH: You're right that it is for more than smart phones; however, that's an important use case. I think it would be good to make that icon taller.

SLH: I'm not sure about the house image. Maybe we don't need an image inside that icon?

> OTHER
>
> * bottom arrow -- change the arrow to point from the web app up to IndieUI Events.
> *** Done

SLH: I think move the arrow down so it doesn't interfere with the scrollrequest(x/y) text.