Re: Fwd: WCAG 2.0 is now an ISO standard

Dear Helle, Alistair, All,

Not quite yet...

The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 has been submitted
to ISO under the PAS process. It is currently on status "40.99" which
means that the ballot has succeeded and it is ready for publication as
an ISO standard. However, we are not there quite yet and there are a few
issues that need to be resolved and steps to be completed.

When done, WCAG 2.0 will have the ISO number 40500. It will not change
through this process and it will continue to be freely available through
the W3C website. Future changes, errata, and translations will also
continue to be managed through W3C/WAI. We hope that an ISO number will
help make WCAG 2.0 more referenceable in some jurisdictions.

This recognition of WCAG 2.0 by ISO should not impact other technical
work in W3C/WAI such as the current work on WCAG-EM.

Here is the link to the related ISO website:
  -
<http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=58625>

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
   Shadi