Re: WCAG 2.0 at a Glance for 14 Feb 2011 week

I don't know that I would call these "inspirations," but after reading the discussion y'all had about 1.3: Adaptable, I came up with these 155-characters-or-fewer "explanations":

1. Meaning and structure come through with any technology.
2. Content works, regardless of assistive technology used.
3. Content works with all interfaces and devices.
4. Content reconfigures for all interfaces and devices.
5. Content is reconfigurable for assistive technology.

Nothing there that makes me shout "Eureka," but maybe one of these will trigger something for someone else.

Cliff

Cliff Tyllick
Web development coordinator
Agency Communications Division
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
512/239-4516
ctyllick@tceq.state.tx.us
>>> Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> 02/11/11 12:02 PM >>>
  EOWG participants,

Please review the updates to "WCAG 2.0 at a Glance" that are in the "Proposed changes" column in the [heading level 2] Comparison Table in the "Requirements/Analysis..." doc at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-quicktips#compare

Please send to the EOWG mailing list your thoughts for:
* 1.3 Adaptable: Create content that can be presented in different ways (for example simpler layout) without losing information or structure.
* 4.1 Compatible: Maximize compatibility with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies.
* Any others you're not comfortable with.

Remember that we'd like to keep them each under 55 characters.

Also note that the agenda for 18 February is updated at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#agenda

Thanks,
~Shawn