Re: EOWG: Substantially updated Standards Harmonization document

Good morning EOWG friends,

First, I would like to congratulate the editors of this new version for a job well-done. Reading through it all, I am happy to say that I can now fully support the document, even though I work for a government that decided to take the fragmentation path. I'll even go as far as to say that if such a document had been available four years ago, I might have been able to convince the government officials I worked for that fragmentation was a bad idea. This is how good I think this is.

While I understand the risks related to standards fragmentation, I still believe we managed to create one in Quebec that does not jeopardize web accessibility in the long run. This document doesn't exclude that possibility, so I'm happy with it and wasn't asking for more. I'm glad you accepted my proposals to change some of the passages in the text to reflect upon that.

I am very comfortable with this document going as is. All the problems I had with it are gone and the new structure of the document makes it a much easier read, which can only help get the message across to the next governments that will be tempted by an accessibility policy of some sort.

I did however, pick up a few typos along the way:

“standards fragmentation”—use of divergent : missing a space before and after the "—"
standards—can slow potential : missing a space before and after the "—"
"mpossible" : missing an "i" in the 3rd paragraph of the introduction section
"or screen magnifiers Divergent standards" : missing a period after "magnifiers" in last bullet of Fragmentation concerns section

I will not be able to make it to the meetings tomorrow and next week as those are national holidays here in Quebec. I'll try to send in comments on the business case slides as well before the end of the day.

Best regards,

--
Denis Boudreau, président
Coopérative AccessibilitéWeb