Re: "RisK' in "Web Accessibility is Smart Business"

From: Robert Yonaitis <ryonaitis@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:36:39 -0400
To: karl.groves@deque.com, shadi@w3.org
Cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
All,

I agree with Karl that legal action risk statements can be problematic
and Shadi on being more positive and on the order in which the risk is
presented in a positive manner:

# Slide 13 [Reduces risk of legal action]: - "reducing the risk of legal action"
I suggest changing the title of the slide to "other benefits" or such
(as a follow-on from the previous slides), and mentioning some of the
other benefits such as:
 - "demonstrating corporate social responsibility"
 - "complying with the UN Convention on the Rights for Persons with
Disabilities (CRPD)"
 - "reducing the risk of legal action"

I would just remove the third line all together and replace it with
"protect against unintended consequences" and in the speakers notes
add some discussion on eliminating customers, limiting information
dissemination, the possible legal hassles etc.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Yonaitis