Re: Comments on "Web Accessibility is Smart Business" Presentation

From: Sylvie Duchateau <sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:42:08 +0200
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Hello Shawn and all,
I am not sure I can answer all your questions. So I will only keep the
points of Alan's message for which I can give my opinion and will cut
the rest.
[...]
Alan:
> [reach people in more situations] The phrase "coded well" is jargon, I
>> think.
>
> SLH: Suggestions for different wording? Or, is it OK for this
> audience, especially given it's a minor point in context?
Sylvie:  It does not sound jargony to me.
> Alan:
>> "Improves usability for all" slide: "limited fine motor control" will
>> perhaps not mean much to a general audience. Perhaps say "people who
>> have difficulty controlling the movement of their hands".
>
> SLH: That would add a lot of words to a minor point. Maybe it is OK in
> context: " Make all functionality available from a keyboard... “Power
> users” are often faster using keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse.
> Many older users with limited fine motor control have difficulty using
> a mouse. And speech input is usually more effective with keyboard
> commands." ?
Sylvie: I think this sentence is easy to understand.
>> "Transcripts for audio" the information cited is for English-speaking
>
> SLH: I added "Note to presenters: Customize the cost for transcripts
> for your location." It would be good to be able to provide costs for
> other languages.
> http://www.uiaccess.com/transcripts/transcript_services.html welcome
> submissions <grin>
Sylvie: I don't know how it is in France, i am asking around and will
tell you when I know more.
Best
Sylvie