Re: comments on [DRAFT] Scenarios of Web Users

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your comments, please see some responses below.

On a side note for future reference: since these comments do not need
discussion by EOWG, they are better sent to <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>.

On 06.08.2010 20:23, Jennifer Sutton wrote:
> EOWG:
>
> I had a few comments on this page:
>
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/2009/scenarios
>
> 1. With respect to the headings, can they be expanded to include the
> descriptions after the colons?
>
> When skimming by heading, having just the numbers isn't as helpful as
> having the full heading with description would be.
>
> Maybe this approach, visually, looks too long.

Interesting issue. Actually the headings contain the full titles but the
anchor is set after the number, to avoid repeating them when one jumps
from the table of contents. Apparently some screen readers may stop
reading the heading at the start of the anchor.

Anyway, I will fix this coding. Thanks for pointing it out.

> 2. What is the purpose of each link that starts with
> "initial?"
>
> These are the links that appear, with a screen reader, above the "back
> to page content" links.
>
> An example is:
> [link] initial "Reporter with repetitive stress injury"scenario
>
> If the idea is to be able to move back to the h2 that begins the
> section, I'm not so sure these navigation links are necessary, but maybe
> these "chunks" seem bigger to others than they do to me.

These links are within square brackets because they are only editors
notes. They will all be removed from the final version but for now it
helps compare back with be initial version (from 2005) of "How People
with Disabilities Use the Web".

Having said that, the square brackets are outside the link text and
there are no other apparent indicators. I will fix that too.

> Thanks for considering these points. All are editor's discretion, as far
> as I'm concerned.

Best,
   Shadi