De: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org] En nombre
de Shadi Abou-Zahra
Enviado el: viernes, 23 de julio de 2010 0:22
Para: Shawn Henry
CC: EOWG
Asunto: Re: Examples of when people need text alternatives for images

Regarding the "usage fees", it may be good to use the buzz word "data
roaming" as an example of expensive connections (that are not slow).

Text alternatives also help searching for images (somewhat related to
SEO but it is not really about improving the search engine ranking).

Also for your consideration, may be good to say "listening to the page
being read out by a voice browser *or other voice output*". I am not
sure if "read aloud" widgets on website are considered to be browsers.

Best,
   Shadi

http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-html-alt-techniques-20100624/#example-benefits