Re: Publishing Accessible Presentations - reply by Wednesday 31 March

Thanks for the comments, Ian. Replies below.

Ian Pouncey wrote:
> In my last read through noticed a couple of things, which are minor
> enough that I hadn't noticed them before.
>
>    * There is a sentence saying 'Speaker: "How many people make their
> websites fully accessible? Please raise your hand... About half raised
> their hand."' and early in the document another saying 'your audience
> might not be ... move well or at all'. The showing of hands is a
> common practice in presentations. Do we need to provide some
> information on how to poll the audience in an inclusive and accessible
> way?

Ah, right. [Shawn thinks about it...]

After some thought, I think that issue is not significant enough to warrant adding to this document. (We have a catch-all item "Consider activities. Remember accessibility issues with any participant activities (arranging sticky notes, small group projects, etc.)."

EOWG: Other perspectives?

>    * Minor editorial point: missing word 'as' between 'such' and 'a'
> in the sentence 'Avoid distracting background, such a bright sunlight
> or flashing light.', and should that either be 'Avoid using a
> distracting background' or 'Avoid distracting backgrounds'?

Fixed to: Avoid distracting backgrounds, such as bright sunlight or flashing light.

Thanks,
~Shawn