RE: [For review] Scenarios page in How People with Disabilities Use the Web

Hi everyone,

Firstly my apologies for not being involved more in the discussions, my time zone is proving a bit challenging to get involved in the teleconferences.

Just wanted to give some feedback on the scenarios page.  It's a great document and I think it will be very useful.

The only scenario that I would consider changing is Scenario 3.  The way it currently reads t me suggests that access is a complicated process, especially the need for transcript and multimedia synchronisation.

The reason why this is particularly relevant for us at the moment is that the Australian government last week finally set a target date to move to WCAG 2.0: the first time they've ever set a target date for anything IT access-related, and I suspect they'll be looking to this document to see how best to meet the needs of people with disabilities.  I'd prefer in this scenario to see the university produce all multimedia materials with closed captions, which in turn provides great access to a deaf student.

Scott.

Dr Scott Hollier
Project Manager, New Media
Media Access Australia