Re: EOWG Teleconference 27 November Note

Hi Wayne,

Great to hear from you. Please find some comments inline below:

Wayne Dick wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I read over the adaptive strategies.  It seems rough and incomplete.

Any suggestions on making the document less "rough and incomplete"?

> It is good, but not detailed enough to use as a for the primary
> audience --people who need adaptive strategies.

Hmmm, the primary audience are people who could benefit from adaptive
strategies *and* who are largely unaware of their existence:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-adapt-strat#audience>

Specifically people who are new to computers and don't even know that,
for example, you can increase the font-size in the web browser.

> Why don't we have members of our group with some of the disabilities
> develop some of those links.  Me for low vision. It could be very
> helpful.

This would become a huge resource that is very difficult to develop and
to manage afterwards. This document should be a starting point for many
users, and point them to extensive resources that are more detailed. We
may be able to reference your information for low vision if you have it
online. Other resources to adaptive strategies are welcome too.

> Those of us who have adapted and keep up in the field know how to
> separate our quirky personal accommodations, from generally useful
> strategies.  We know details that few others know.  For example, almost
> every software, in addition to operating systems, allow font and color
> management.  You should make sure your product has these features before
> you buy.

This document should hopefully point out some of the useful strategies
that we think are so basic but many never heard of. Please let me know
if you are missing a specific strategy, think that some should not be
included in this document, or know of resources to reference.

Best,
   Shadi