Re: eGov IG - recruiting for Editorial Board

Hi Shawn,

Although I was not on the call last week...

El 16/06/2009, a las 17:49, Shawn Henry escribió:
> Hi Rachel,
>
> We are excited to see that you are recruiting for an Editorial Board
> for eGov IG documents. I know a couple of people who might be
> interested. However, I'm not sure of their availability to respond
> by tomorrow. I hope it is OK if it takes a little longer for them to
> respond.

I expect only eGov IG Members to be on the EB but happy to discuss IE
status with anyone interested to join.

> RE: "Our first project is to polish the current Group Note, and the
> deadline for completion is July 8."

We had a Chairs call two days ago and re-prioritize deliverables.
As I said before, I personally don't see the urgency of rewriting the
Note. EB will work first on a short White Paper and Charter 2, then on
the Note.

> It is very good news that you are continuing to edit the Note
> "Improving Access to Government through Better Use of the Web"[1].
> As you may recall, EOWG requested to review an edited version before
> publication. May we suggest that you consider approaching it as more
> than "polishing", as we think significant reorganization and editing
> is needed.

We discussed about it being quite reworked, e.g. break it up in
smaller documents.

> Is there a reason for an 8 July deadline? Given current schedules,
> it seems unlikely that an edited version can be reviewed by the eGov
> IG, EOWG, and others in that timeframe. We hope it is possible to
> have a more flexible schedule for this version.

We all will need to find a "good enough" way to do this. It is
expected eGov IG to produce several but way smaller deliverables in
the future and produce those quite rapidly. Given that the Editorial
Task Force (ETF) should get the content at least 2 weeks in advance,
whatever review period we add after ETF review should be short (say
1-2 weeks). Think of 1-2 pages documents released every couple weeks.
This is still a moving target, though.

> We look forward to your continued work in this important area.

Thanks. Same here.

Additionally, I know Rachel is working on a "purpose document" that
will be sent to the IG very soon.

-- Jose