Re: EOWG [Friday 24 April] eGov comments ready to submit

Hello Anna,

Thanks for your additional thoughts. Indeed the comment period for this document was 10 March through 26 April. EOWG has been discussing it since 27 March[1], and submitted our comments on 25 April.

I think your points will be adequately covered by what we have already done:

* While our comments include specific wording suggestions, they also explain about the problem with current wording, with the intent of educating the editors and writers. We pointed this out in our submission: "Please note that the comments include discussion of some significant issues on how accessibility and people with disabilities are addressed in the document. We encourage all authors and editors to carefully read our notes to help clarify misunderstandings, and avoid additional problems as the document is further edited." - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2009Apr/0174.html

* Sharron Rush is now actively involved with the eGov group. Our comment submission also stated: "EOWG welcomes the opportunity to answer your questions related to Web accessibility and writing about people with disabilities and older people. (For example, you should be careful to avoid wording that assumes that all older people have disabilities or accessibility needs.)" And EOWG also asked to review the edited draft before publication.

* Judy's comments address covering accessibility at a higher level - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2009AprJun/0042.html

> One more idea that is off the topic but should serve to improve the document. They should have some sort of brainstorming to share (positive) experiences of different people in different countries and try to reflect them in their document. This will bring document down to earth and closer to life.

You are welcome to submit this comment as an individual; we will not be able to process it through EOWG due to the timing.

Note that the document is currently planned to be completed and published on 12 May.

I think that you would be welcome to join the eGov IG mailing list and even the group as a participant if you are interested in contributing more directly.

Regards,
~Shawn

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2009JanMar/0119.html