Re: Updated Mobile-Accessibility documents

Thanks for your feedback on this Tom,

Perhaps we have given insufficient explanation in these documents,
although at the beginning there is a link to the introductory document
[1]. I think that Shawn assumed that reviewers would have read the
introductory document first.

The Working Groups have clearly defined and carefully thought out scopes
and objectives. To create a "common standard" to cover very different
purposes would not be useful. Each recommendation describes the needs of
two distinct but overlapping user groups. The purpose of the documents
is to show the ways that by happy coincidence each can and does help the
other. While there may have been a lack of coordination until now, the
working groups have been surprised at how coherent their recommendations
are, and these documents explain that.

The purpose is to guide implementers to avoid duplicating work who may
otherwise assume that the recommendations are disjoint when they are not.

regards,

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/