[updated] EOWG: Agenda and READINGS for 10 August 2007 Teleconference

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:47:26 -0500
To: "eowg >> \"EOWG (E-mail)\"" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Updated drafts of the WCAG 2.0 presentation are now available at the links under agenda item 1.

Additional action items have been added as items 1.3 and 1.4.

---
Dear EOWG Participants:

An agenda and calling logistics for our 10 August 2007 teleconference follow.

Time:    8:30am - 10:30am U.S. Eastern Time. For other time zones see:
        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Bridge:  +1.617.761.6200 / +33.4.89.06.34.99 / +44.117.370.6152, code: EOWG# (3694#)
IRC:     Channel: #eo, server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665

Agenda:

1. WCAG 2.0 Presentation

The latest draft is available in two different formats for your convenience:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/wcag20pres/wcag20intro.ppt in presentation format
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/wcag20pres/wcag2intro.doc in word processing format

The Requirements/Analysis is at:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-wcag20pres

1.1 Questions for discussion:
- What are your general reactions on the draft at this stage?
- How does the tone and approach work?
- How does the flow work?
- How should we cover P-O-U-R?

1.2 Action item: Research background colors and other best practices for presentations.
- Would two people volunteer to take up this action item?
Note: Please make sure to cite all sources.

1.3 Action item: Find 1 or 2 good examples of easier to understand language between the 2006 Last Call WD and the May 2007 WD
- Would someone volunteer to take up this action item?

1.4 Action item: Find other strong examples of where WCAG 2 allows more design flexibility than WCAG 1. The current example is: "WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 7.1: Until user agents allow users to control flickering, avoid causing the screen to flicker. WCAG 2.0 allows more movement within defined parameters."
- Would someone volunteer to take up this action item?

2. "Web Content Technology" definition for ATAG and WCAG

* Here is the latest suggestion:
"
Web content technology - mechanism for encoding instructions to be rendered, played or executed by user agents.

NOTE 1: As used in these guidelines "Web Technology" and the word "technology" (when used alone) both refer to Web Content Technologies.

NOTE 2: Web Content technologies may include markup languages, data formats, or programming languages that authors may use alone or in combination to create end-user experiences that range from static Web pages to multimedia presentations to dynamic Web applications.

EXAMPLE: Some common examples of Web content technologies include HTML, CSS, SVG, PNG, PDF, Flash, and JavaScript
"

Background email threads start at:
Note that the "Next in thread" link will take you to the next related message
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2007JulSep/0010.html
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2007JulSep/0018.html

3. Upcoming meetings

EOWG face-to-face in November 2007 plans are finalized, along with the "TPAC 2007". Information and registration is available from:
* http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/

We probably will *not* meet next week. The EOWG teleconference schedule is at:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#meetings.

Note that we might do some work via e-mail next week.

Regards,
~ Shawn and Judy

===

NOTE: If you reply to this email, please change the subject line. If you are sending regrets, add "Regrets" to the front of the current subject line. If you are commenting on a document or topic, put the document title or topic in the subject line. Thanks.

IRC reminders and tips:
- IRC is supplemental to the call. Some participants do not have IRC. All substantive comments should be said verbally in the call (not just in IRC).
- To type a side comment that will _not_ get recorded in the minutes, type /me comment - e.g.:
	/me hopes everyone had pleasant holidays
will come out:
	*shawn hopes everyone had pleasant holidays

Teleconference information:
- Managing IRC for EOWG meeting minutes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/template.html
- W3C Zakim Teleconference Bridge: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
- Zakim IRC Bot: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot