Primer?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:06:18 -0800
To: eowg <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

I started on handout materials for WCAG 2 over 3 years ago and still
feel that with enough work by EOWG (or a task force subset thereof) we
could have a striking outcome with the same sort of reach as was had by
the QuickTips Card.

A group of statements focusing on the "4 Principles" might include:

Perceivable= They can sense it.
Operable= They can make it work.
Understandable= They can get it.
Robust= It won't break.

These could be stiff pages like a child's book to emphasize that even
though the Rec itself is dense/forbidding, the underlying principles are
trivial/obvious.

Supplementing this is the tetrahedron whose faces have some brief
renditions (graphic and textual) of these principles in 3-D form:
http://www.webeone.org/wcagtet.htm

The text (as well as the brailling and graphics of the faces) has not
been subsequently addressed but as I handle what's already there I feel
it would be a powerful means of disseminating the message at many
levels. So far as I know only Wendy (former W3C contact for WCAG2) and I
have versions of this in our workspace. You might print/cutout/assemble
it to see why we like it.

Anybody up for it?

Love.