Re: Image alt in WAI process intro

hello Shawn,
I think that Henny's idea of providing for each alt a summary of the status of the document is good and helpful.
In her e-mail she proposed :
1. "Working drafts - there can be many working drafts"
2. "Last call working draft - the public are invited to comment"
3. "Candidate recommendation - the recommendations are publicly tested"
4. "Proposed recommendation - the document gathers endorsements"
5. W3C recommendation - the document becomes a web standard"

This does not correspond to the look and meaning of each image but this brings a similar information for non visual users as images for visual users.

An alt content like : >1. "draft documents" for Working Draft would be redundant to the text following the image. A short summary in the alt would be an additional help for the user who cannot see the images.

Best
Sylvie