RE: EOWG: 18 August 2006 Teleconference - regrets

Regrets for tonight - having a weekend away. The "process" document
looks pretty good to me - short and succinct.

Next month or so, the indications are:
23 Aug - available
01 Sept - available
08 Sept - available
15 Sept - available
22 Sept - available
29 Sept - not available

Regards, Andrew

______________________
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia - Accessible Information Solutions
Ph. +61 (0)3 9864 9282; Mob: 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/ais/

Process
> Intro ("101") doc, think about the questions listed, and be prepared
> discuss them at the teleconference. It is also very helpful to send
> comments to the list before the meeting.
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Potential face-to-face meetings
> * Brief check in on travel availability
>
> 2. W3C Process Intro ("101")
> * Discuss revised Rough Draft:
>     http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/w3c-process
>
> Note Status and Review Level: Complete Rough Draft. Feel free to
comment
> on tone and writing approach. However, it's still rough, so I'd prefer
if
> you not pick too much on the wordsmithing, copyediting level (e.g.,
> grammar, sentence length, awkward wording).
>
> 2.a. Overall how does the structure and organization work? How does
this
> draft meet the requirements? Note that there are very different needs
from
> different personas and we're not trying to address all of them in this
> document. Is this the right balance?
>

> 2.b. Ideas for title? Sub-headings? See:
>       http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-process.html#d2006-08-17
>
> 2.c. What do you think of the proposed image(s)?
>
> 2.d. Some little things:
> 2.d.i. Any strong reactions on use of "public" and "community"
throughout
> the document?
> 2.d.ii. Do we need any text for "5. W3C Recommendation (Web
Standard)"?
> (There is none in this draft) Possibilities include:
> - What's in the Process Doc: "A W3C Recommendation is a specification
or
> set of guidelines that, after extensive consensus-building, has
received
> the endorsement of W3C Members and the Director. W3C recommends the
wide
> deployment of its Recommendations. Note: W3C Recommendations are
similar
> to the standards published by other organizations." <>
> - Something like in a previous version of this doc: "Recommendations
have
> received significant support from the public, and endorsement by W3C
> Members and the W3C Director. W3C Recommendations are similar to the
> standards published by other organizations."
>
> * Note updated requirements analysis:
>       http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-process
> And recent edits listed at:
>       http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-process.html#changes
>
> 3. Trends and Issues
>
> 4. Schedule for remaining August and September teleconferences
> * List availability and regrets for next few weeks
>
> Regards,
> ~ Shawn & Judy
>
> ===
>
> IRC reminders and tips:
> - IRC is supplemental to the call. Some participants do not have IRC.
All

http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> - Zakim IRC Bot: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot
> - A source for help with IRC (Internet Relay Chat):
> http://www.irchelp.org/
>
> * Upcoming EOWG teleconference schedule:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#meetings
>
> ###

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 1682 Spam messages and set aside
1158 Read Later for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  www.ellaforspam.com