Outreach Update: BarCampRochester - Re: EOWG: Agenda for 7 July 2006 Teleconference

Hi guys,

On July 14th, I am going to be co-hosting a BarCamp conference here
at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY.

BarCamp is an Un-Conference, where geeks gather together to discuss
the lastest technology, swap ideas, and innovate. As most of you have
probably experienced, during a traditional conference...most of the
real value comes from discussions in the corridors ...BarCamp is ALL
Corridor ;)

I am going to be presenting on Web 2.0, Web Accessibility, and WCAG.

BarCamp was co-founded by some really cool folk out in
California...including Tantek Celik (Technorati), Matt Mullenweg
(WordPress), and Chris Messina (Flock).

The first BarCamp was held in November of 2005, in Palo Alto. Since
that time, there have been numerous BarCamps held all over the
world...including BarCampNYC, BarCampSanFrancisco, BarCampAustin,
BarCampHouston, BarCampDallas, BarCampParis, BarCampIndia (and the
list goes on).

You can find more information about the event at:
http://barcamp.org/BarCampRochester

Cheers,
Justin Thorp

4th Year Student