From: David Jones [mailto:david_lewis_jones@cogeco.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:20 AM
To: mpaciello@paciellogroup.com
Subject: Re: Tribute to Yuri Rubinsky

Hello Mike.

Actually there are a few things going on.

Next week in Toronto on the the 21st. Holley Rubinsky is having a
book launch that is also going to be tribute for Yuri. It is
certainly open for all who knew Yuri, but given the distance I
imagine it would be hard for you to attend at this late date.

Also I am about to release a podcast on the Apple iTunes music store
which is dedicated to Yuri. In this podcast I specifically mention
some of the work Yuri did towards accessibility (specifically related
to ICADD). If you can get me an audio clip within the next day or so
I can try and include it. If you could keep it to two to three
minutes I can try and drop it in.

Finally, I created an entry for Yuri on Wikipedia. You can find it
at...
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Rubinsky>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Rubinsky
You can edit this entry so if there is anything you specifically want
to include, feel free. There is a section on his work with
accessibility issues.

Finally, on a related note. I'm not sure if you are aware of this,
but several of our colleagues from SoftQuad; Bill Clarke, Steve
Downie and David Slocombe have started a small software company
called Exegenix. This company has created a product that converts
postscript to XML using a unique technology developed by Tata
Infotech Limited. I know that they have been doing some successful
work with the Royal Institute for the Blind in converting postscript
books to XML for screen readers and Braille.

I hope you find this helpful.

David Jones