RE: EOWG: Agenda for 28 April 2006 Teleconference

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, [iso-8859-1] Helle Bjarnø wrote:

> For today's agenda: Can anyone give a short summary from the
> Support-EAM meeting just after Easter as I believe it was one
> of the last meetings.

I'm not quite sure which meeting Helle has in mind; but briefly,
the current status of Support-EAM is as follows:

- The project was due to formally end on 31st March; but after
  consultation with the European Commission, it was agreed that
  it should be extended for a further short while to allow some
  final consolidation of its work.

- All the major "deliverables" of the project were sent to the
  Commission earlier this week.  Most of these are in the form of
  reports of the activities or outputs of the project, and will
  be made publicly available online - once they have been
  formally accepted by the Commission, and, of course, translated
  into appropriate accessible formats, where necessary.

- A final review meeting with the Commision's "independent
  experts" is scheduled for Friday May 12th next; so I would
  guess that all material should be published fairly soon after
  that.

- One major component of the project was the development of a
  so-called "CEN Working Agreement" on a possible European
  framework for "Web Accessibility Conformity Assessment", which
  could give rise to a Europe-wide "Web Accessibility Quality
  Mark" (with the untimate objective of harmonising the current
  somewhat complicated situation of a variety of ad hoc quality
  marks in use in different member states).  This agreement has
  been finalised and should be published directly by CEN
  shortly. (I should add that W3C has formally recorded some
  specific reservations about how this framework might actually
  be put into practice; I understand that these will also be
  published at the same time.)

Hope that helps,

Best - Barry.