CSUN outreach update & issue

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:26:09 -0500
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

EOWG,

At the CSUN conference in March I gave a hands-on workshop along with Shadi, Helle, and Wayne titled "Exploring Web Accessibility: A Hands-On Introduction"[1]. This workshop is specifically designed to combine Web developers (some with little experience in accessibility) with people with disabilities (some with little experience with the Web), and give each opportunity to learn from each other.

Myth alert: As I mentioned briefly in an EOWG teleconference after CSUN, I heard several times -- including as the basis for a couple of presentations -- people say that a Web site can meet accessibility guidelines and still not be accessible. This is mostly untrue, and I think something we need to address. I'll provide more details on an upcoming teleconference...

Best,
~ shawn

[1] http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/2006/proceedings/preconf.htm#m1