RE: Eval Tools Search - Re: EOWG: Agenda for 14 October 2005 Teleconference

First I think Justin has a very good point. But maybe I want to do both, finding the tools according to my needs and then compare them.

Second I have some additional comments:

I have tried the additional search options and think it is confusing that some of the checkboxes has no hits for example if I check generating reports in User interface features, or German in Support for languages (this is also the case if I select German in the language list on the first page), and what if I want to look for a language that is not listed? Then I have select all languages and read through all the tools to find that e.g. there are no tools that support Danish or actually one tool (AIS Toolbar) this is also an example illustrating my whish for a kind of free search option on the page. Is the idea that every time a tool supports a new language then this language will be added to the check box list? Then e.g. German should be removed until there is a tool on the list that supports it. I have not tested every possibility on the 2 pages.

Finally I think the list in additional search options is very long, I have to read through the whole list in order to see if what I want to look for is covered and if not my only option is to get the whole list and then use the browser's find option or read through all the descriptions in the database to see if I can find an answer to my question. I think it would help a little if one could go from title to title without having to read all the possibilities for each title, maybe by using bookmarks or headings?

Cheers

Helle

Sincerely
Helle Bjarnø