Clients Don't Care About Accessibility

From: Andrew Arch <andrew.arch@nils.org.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:58:32 +1000
To: "EOWG \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

The Business Case is sure needed :)

Christian Heilmann wrote an article "10 Reasons Client Don't Care About
Accessibility" at Digital Web Magazine:

"Working as an accessibility consultant in an IT company is a very
frustrating job right now. Highly publicized lawsuits and deep-rooted
accessibility myths leave us with a lot to explain when the final product
does not really help visitors. Our clients simply don’t care about
accessibility as much as we’d like them to, and there are several reasons
for that."

See the article at

See WAI's Business Case at http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/Overview.html

Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia - Accessible Information Solutions
454 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong 3144, Australia
Ph +61 (0)3 9864 9282; Fax +61 (0)3 9864 9370; Mob 0438 755 565
http://www.accessibleinfo.org.au/ | http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative

Vision Australia was formed through the merger of the Royal Blind Society
NSW, the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind, Vision Australia
Foundation and the National Information & Library Service.
ABN: 67 108 391 831  ACN: 108 391 831

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com