RE: Information Services for People with Developmental Disabilities

Well, there are good and well applicable reference documents out there!

One of those I can recommend as a frequent user is the (recently, with
regard to ICT updated) European (ETSI [1]) Guide on Design for All [2].

It describes design for all, user populations and their characteristics,
aging and the change of user abilities impacting ICT. It provides design
guidelines and advice on the use of assistive technologies.

I do not want to fill your mailboxes with a large file but would anybody be
interested, I can circulate copies (freely available).

Best regards,
Bruno von Niman
ANEC W3C Rep

[1] European Telecommunication Standards Institute, ETSI, is one of three
official standardization arms of the European Union. ETSI is responsible for
telecommunications (converging into ICT) and the parent of GSM, ISDN, UMTS
and other standards with a considerable market impact.

[2] ETSI EG 202 116: Human Factors (HF); Guidelines for ICT products and
services; "Design for All" (2002-09). It was produced by the Human Factors
Committee of ETSI.